open radio architecture

Subject: open radio architecture
From: 71034.3544@CompuServe.COM (Wayne Wright)
Date: Sat Apr 10 22:38:39 1993
W0RUE mentions an open, modular software architecture:

>I would like to see an environment where it can be profitable for
>software vendors to sell their product in a form that is easilly
>incorporated into a custom user interface

Microsoft is promoting this right now as OLE 2.0. (The current 1.0
is NOT it.) John's description matches almost exactly what Microsoft
described when I attended their Developer's Conference road show when
it came to Dallas last month. The product (I purposely avoid the word
"standard") will be on Windows (3.1 and NT) and on Mac.

My employer is sending me to their OLE conference in Seattle next
month. No promises, but I try to keep WriteLog as close to the state
of the art as I can...

[anybody else want a free copy of the demo disk? send your mailing
address to 71034.3544@compuserve.com]

        Wayne, W5XD