W3XU Operators' Manual

Subject: W3XU Operators' Manual
From: Gerald.J.Kersus@att.com (Gerald.J.Kersus@att.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 12:20:06 1993
Interesting comments, Steve.  I assume Bill put together the "W3XU
Operators Manual"  as a guide to the various operators who come to his
station when he does M/S or M/M.  For the most part, it can be useful to
many of us in the Great North East.

I also took exception to his recommendation not to respond to a station
using phonetics.  I find it isn't that much more effort, and under  certain
conditions (QRM, heavy accents) it gives the calling station a chance to
correct a call sign.  Otherwise, his recommendation about unnecessary chatter
is pretty much on target.

As far as using "QRZ" on phone, I'm amazed at the number of casual  DX
stations that won't come back to you unless you use QRZ or, worse, call CQ
again.  They just won't come back to to "Thanks.  W1GD, contest."

Gerry, W1GD