Undeliverable Mail

Subject: Undeliverable Mail
From: jjmhome!transfer!TGV.COM!Mailer@transfer.stratus.com (jjmhome!transfer!TGV.COM!Mailer@transfer.stratus.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 17:06:23 1993
Start of returned message

  From: "Fred Hopengarten" <k1vr!k1vr@transfer.stratus.com>
  To: "KEITH MOREHOUSE" <73307.3205@CompuServe.COM>
  Cc: cq_contest@TGV.com
  Subject:   Re: Phillystran + Guy Grips

  On 27 Apr 93 12:25:11 EDT, "KEITH MOREHOUSE" <73307.3205@CompuServe.COM>
wrote:
  > 1) Has anybody done independent testing of the new, ribbed jacket
Phillystran with guy preforms ??

  K1VR:  Not that I know of.

  > 2) Does anybody have any comment, pro or con, on this method ??

  K1VR:  If it works, 'twill be great.

  > 3) What is the general opinion of the "new" Phillystran attachment
(U-bolts) over the "old" potted method.

  K1VR:  The u-bolt and saddle method is clearly superior.  But don't tighten
them too much.  The potting method was subject to bad mixing, to compound
getting old while on the shelf, and to leaking out the bottom of the potting
head.  The new clip method
  s field installable right then and there, also permitting you to shorten a
long length that you may have overestimated.

  > 4) Is the "old style" Phillystran and its potting heads still available for
purchase ??

  K1VR:  Yes.  Texas Towers had it last time I checked (to splice some old
stuff which had rubbed against a branch which grew).

  --
  Fred Hopengarten K1VR
  Six Willarch Road, Lincoln, MA 01773-5105

End of returned message