A new contest!!?

Subject: A new contest!!?
From: alan@dsd.es.com (Alan Brubaker)
Date: Tue May 4 09:08:58 1993
This one is just what the doctor ordered; It's short, it's CW and best
of all, we do not have to worry about a dupe sheet! What a deal. The
only thing that I wonder about is how to deal with non-participants
who call asking - What's INT? I am on the fence about whether to
ignore them hoping that they will go away, or spend a minute or two
trying to explain it to them. You know how it is - there are always a
few guys around who are willing to "help out". 40 will not be all
that great for us out here in the West since it just will be starting
to open at the end of the contest, so for us it will be mostly 20
meters. Tree did not mention the massive awards program for this, so
we will be eagerly waiting to hear about it, won't we? .... .. I was
thinking about offering up a bottle of our finest locally brewed Wasatch
Ale to the highest scoring station in the 7th U.S. call district, but
then I remembered that the state of Utah undoubtedly has some obscure
law against exportation of the stuff. Guess I'll have to drink it myself.

Alan, K6XO

alan@dsd.es.com