Ratings

Subject: Ratings
From: mraz@maverick.aud.alcatel.com (Kris Mraz)
Date: Wed Jun 9 14:57:44 1993
The proposed rating system has a drawback, unless I missed something. Say,
I have 2 contest wins and I need a third to move up. Anything less than
another win would not affect me. Therefore, I would have less tendency to
operate *any* contest if I knew I wasn't going to win. Because of this I
believe there might be a decrease in activity instead of an increase.

And if there are rules that move you down in rating, then I wouldn't want
to turn in a poor or casual score for fear of moving down.

Kris, AA5UO
mraz@aud.alcatel.com