Robot stations.

Subject: Robot stations.
From: len@ariel.coe.neu.edu (Leonard Kay)
Date: Fri Jul 30 18:28:59 1993

>>Well, as someone who has done this, I would make the following proposal:

[......]

>>2. The robot can only search and pounce.  No packet information can be used.

No CQing allowed? This seems too restrictive considering we already have many
multi-multi 'robots', and this is also the only method available to those
without computer-controlled rigs (read: ability to QSY)

>>3. Comply to FCC rules.  This is some gray areas here.  If I write a computer
>>   program that controls the radio, am I in control of the operation since
>>   I wrote the program?

Sure - what could go wrong? go wrong? go wrong? go wrong? go wrongxxxxxxxxxx
Think of it as having a guest op; you're still the control op. Just poke ur head
in every so often to make sure he's (she's? it's?) not on 6.443 or something.

>>4. CW only.
>>
>>As more people start doing this type of thing, then we can think about
>>expanding it.  It really is a lot of work and to do it right, it will
>>cost some bucks as well.
>>
>>Tree  N6TR/7

I'm with Tree and Ward. I think this could be interesting and a *lot* of laughs,
if it's like any other robot competition I've ever seen. We might learn
something,
too. And while it may be a fair amount of work, in its basic incarnation
(simple wire
antenna on a single band), there wouldn't be a lot of cash involved.

Len KB2R