Problems with CT and IARU

Subject: Problems with CT and IARU
From: tucker@gtl.georgiatech-metz.fr.georgiatech-metz.fr (Jeff Tucker F/N9HZQ)
Date: Tue Aug 3 13:18:09 1993
Hello, everyone.  I used CT to log my effort in the IARU contest.
However, I have a problem that most of the stateside guys
wouldn't have noticed.  CT is scoring some contacts as being in
the wrong continent.  Specifically, CT3 gets logged as EU.  EA8
gets logged as EU, but EA gets logged as AS!  Since I'm in
France, this changes the points total.

Can anyone suggest a remedy, besides hand-changing my logs?  It
looks like the iaru.cty file which was posted on here might have
some modifications to the default continents.  Some of the lines
have an AS after the semicolon, for instance.  Is this supposed
to correct this behavior?  Is there a specific format for this
field?  I tried putting in a few EU and AS as appropriate, but it
didn't seem to help.

If anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it.  If you
respond to the reflector, please drop me a note directly as well.
Mail has been very screwy here recently.  I'll ack every note I
get, so if you don't hear from me within a couple days, please
mail me again.

Thanks es 73
Jeff F/N9HZQ

--
Jeffrey L. Tucker                           F/N9HZQ
tucker@georgiatech-metz.fr                  Georgia Tech Lorraine