K2MM CW NAQP Score

Subject: K2MM CW NAQP Score
From: K2MM@MasPar.COM (K2MM@MasPar.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 10 15:24:29 1993
I took Friday off from work to put my antennas back up -- a multi-band
dipole and an R-7 vertical.  (They had been down for two months to
accommodate my landlord's tree-pruning/felling work.)  It wasn't enough;
by midnight, all I had up was the dipole.  And I still had to repair two
of the R-7's traps.  Got it fixed but not up by contest time Saturday,
so I started with the dipole.  Figured the start was worth not missing
and the R-7 could go up during a break.

I had worked almost two hours when I got a report my TS-440 was FM'ing.
Received signals had been sounding slushy, so I hauled my half-broken
TS-180 in from the garage.  (It's been on the garage shelf for years.
I knew my neighbors' cats had been getting in there, but I never dreamed
they'd want to mark my radio as part of their territory!)  But the '180
only put out 20 W and didn't seem to be able to key the amp.  Rats.

Conditions/propagation:  Started out S&P.  I guess many others did, too,
'cuz I doubled my rate by calling CQ on 15m.  Not used to being able to
do that barefoot on a 40m dipole.  Heard HH2PK on 10m, but the '180 TX
doesn't work on that band.  73, and *maybe* CU on phone.  --John/K2MM

     b    q    m
    20   28   19
    15   48   23
    10    2    1