CQ WW '93 from Syria

Subject: CQ WW '93 from Syria
From: n6tv@vnet.IBM.COM (Robert A. Wilson)
Date: Fri Aug 27 16:48:41 1993
Here is a hot message from Rusty, W6OAT, who is not quite on the Internet
yet:

"I have been invited to try to locate from one to six contesters/DXers
who would like to operate the 1993 SSB and/or CW CQ WW DX contest from
Syria (YK).  This operation already has received preapproval from the
Syrian government.  What the Syrians want in return is for the operators
to leave behind a complete, modern ham station which the Syrians can use
after the contest.  If you're interested, or know of someone who is,
please contact Rusty Epps, W6OAT, immediately as time is very short.
I can be reached by phone or FAX, at (415) 365-5918."

73,
Bob, N6TV