CQ WW & CT

Subject: CQ WW & CT
From: ames@nebula.decnet.lockheed.com (ames@nebula.decnet.lockheed.com)
Date: Mon Nov 1 08:34:46 1993
I have to concur with the observation made by Gary, KH6GMP:

In listening to some of the real fast-rate stations (obviously using
CT), they dont question it and it sure didnt look as if they slowed
eoungh to make the correction. Do most stations just leave what CT
puts in automatically? What would be the proper way, just accept it
and put what they give or question them as to where they actually are,
or just leave what CT installs???????

as a transplant "little pistol" I would suggest stressing (in my case),
N2ALE PORTABLE-SIX PORTABLE-SIX 5903 5903 QSL? as the excahnge to avoid
loosing them.  It worked for me most of the time.  The real problem is
that the "big guns" are quite quick to swing the beam to the zone implied
by CT if you aren't quick enough to stop them.  I lost my QSO with LU4FM
because I wasn't fast enough.

For myself, the real questions are related to upping the score.  Can one
really score some points on 160 with only 100 watts?  I notice that Gary
was only able to pick up multipliers.  No one could get my prefix, so 160
was a total bust for me.  And, can one work 40 meters WITHOUT operating
SPLIT frequencies?  But I still had a lot of fun without those bands,

73 de N2ALE/6, alan (& his TS-830S)