CQWW VE4GV Score

Subject: CQWW VE4GV Score
From: rkaufmn@CC.UManitoba.CA (rkaufmn@CC.UManitoba.CA)
Date: Tue Nov 2 08:34:24 1993
                   CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST  1993

      Call: VE4GV                    Country:  Canada
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator
                                               15 Single Band LOW POWER
       Club Affiliation: Black Hole Contest Conspiracy

       15     1099     2574     2.34     28     104

     Totals   1099     2574     2.34     28     104  =>  339,768

Equipment Description: FT 1000D KT34XA @ 66 ft

Looks like 15 M was the place to be if you wanted to go single band. Good
conditions with lots of DX coming in from all over. Band closings gave
the rotator a good workout as it was possible to work Scandanavia, Africa
and Asia all at the same time. Starting to wonder about the pattern of the
KT 34XA on 15 m. I was getting pretty favorable reports off the BACK of the
 beam. Its actually a very good antenna for a VE4 domestic contests but it
obviously doesn't perform as well in DX tests, especially with only 100 w.
Best catches: Having C91J and D2SA call me during runs
 Frustrations: Unable to work SU2MT through pile up and listening to A22MN
go QRT because of an unruly mob. Why don't guys listen before they call ?
I still can't believe the 15 m country totals of the boys at N2RM and KC1XX.
I worked practically everything I heard yet I still got smoked by at least
40 countries on that band !!  Its enough to give you a complex or at least
convince you to move east. ( "Go east young man" I recall reading on the
reflector).
Derrick VE4VV and I are looking forward to SS next week. Now, if I can just
keep my xyl's water from busting until AFTER the weekend of the 21st, I'll
be a happy guy . What's that about "rate" dear ? No I'm not talking about
your rate of contractions, I'm talking RATE. Gotta go guys.  What was I
thinking about 9 months ago ? Well, maybe I wasn't THINKING at the time.
:-)
CU in SS.
Rob VE4GV
Charter Member - 40 Below Barenaked Contesters -
"If you gotta contest ... do it naked "