Multi-Single Contest Ethics

Subject: Multi-Single Contest Ethics
From: Ken_Silverman_at_Wiget_Lane@atlas.ccmail.PacTel.COM (Ken_Silverman_at_Wiget_Lane@atlas.ccmail.PacTel.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 5 12:52:26 1993
The following is an attached File item from cc:Mail.  It contains
eight bit information which had to be encoded to insure successful trans-
mission through various mail systems.  To decode the file use the UUDECODE
--------------------------------- Cut Here ---------------------------------
begin 644 Text Item
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H;B!T:&4@32]3(&-A=&5G;W)Y+B @#0H-"@T*2V5N+"!733)##0H-"@

From: n2ic@longs.att.com (Steven M London +1 303 538 4763) (Steven M London +1
303 538 4763)
Subject: More M/S Ethics

AD1C says:

> Couldn't PJ1B just call or work QR0QRM, but not log it? Then there's no
> violation of the 10-minute rule in PJ1B's log.

The rules say:

     a. Single Transmitter, only one transmitter and one band
        permitted during any 10 minute period.  Exception: One-and
        only one-other band may be used during any 10 minute period
        if-and only if-the station worked is a new multiplier. Logs
        found in violation of the ten-minute rule will be
        automatically reclassified as multi-multi.

By working anyone on another band, PJ1B has violated the 10 minute rule -
whether they log it or not.  What about the poor guy that PJ1B worked but
didn't log, who now has an unverifyable QSO in his/her log ?

> I don't see anything different between this and working the rare DX with
> another operator's callsign.

If PJ4/N3ED merely worked QR0QRM, without mentioning PJ1B, then it does
not aid PJ1B.
The question I have is when PJ4/N3ED worked QR0QRM for the expressed purpose
of soliciting a QSO for PJ1B, because PJ1B couldn't work QR0QRM at that
time due to the 10 minute rule.

Steve, N2IC

From: Jim Reisert AD1C  05-Nov-1993 1610 <reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com> (Jim
Reisert AD1C 05-Nov-1993 1610)
Subject: FWD+: KS9K CQWW M/S

Please don't reply to me, reply to Paul's address at the bottom of the

73 - Jim AD1C

------------------Forwarded item dated 4-NOV-1993 22:45:47.60------------------

From:   US1RMC::"Paul.Hellenberg@mixcom.mixcom.com" "Paul Hellenberg"
To:     wrksys::reisert
Subj:   KS9K CQWW M/S

Hi Jim

Have been trying to upload this score for the last 4 day's hope this work's
having trouble going to cq-contest@tvg.com.. Congrat's on your big score !!
Really look's good from the blackhole...

   33   10    27
  108   16    68
  202   34   105
  719   38   150