ts850 dru playback gain

Subject: ts850 dru playback gain
From: K6LL@delphi.com (K6LL@delphi.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 23:46:52 1993
danny, reference your message on the subject, i had the same problem with the
dru in my ts850. kenwood tech service was no help. here is how i solved the
problem:
     1. open the little hatch cover on top of the 850.
     2. on the x44/c4 board (the board with the filter selection dip
        switches,) find 5 pin connector cn505.
     3. snip the white wire going to the leftmost pin. leave enough wire
        protruding for a solder connection.
     4. insert a micro-sized 100k pot between the white wire and the stub.
     5. adjust the pot so the playback audio matches the mic audio in
        amplitude (58k in series, in my case.)
     5. i found the playback audio to be lacking in high freqs after this
        mod, so i shunted the pot with a tiny 220 pf cap. voila, sounds
        great.

talk to you this weekend. good luck.

dave
k6ll