danny, reference your message on the subject, i had the same problem with the
dru in my ts850. kenwood tech service was no help. here is how i solved the
1. open the little hatch cover on top of the 850.
2. on the x44/c4 board (the board with the filter selection dip
switches,) find 5 pin connector cn505.
3. snip the white wire going to the leftmost pin. leave enough wire
protruding for a solder connection.
4. insert a micro-sized 100k pot between the white wire and the stub.
5. adjust the pot so the playback audio matches the mic audio in
amplitude (58k in series, in my case.)
5. i found the playback audio to be lacking in high freqs after this
mod, so i shunted the pot with a tiny 220 pf cap. voila, sounds
talk to you this weekend. good luck.
>From Hawes, Dave" <DHAWES@ccgate.ueci.com Tue Nov 16 12:37:06 1993
From: Hawes, Dave" <DHAWES@ccgate.ueci.com (Hawes, Dave)
Subject: VP9AD in CQ CW
The VP9AD station will be activated by the Frankford Radio Club in a M/S
effort during the CQ WW CW contest by N3RD, N3AD, and KI3V. QSL via W3HNK.
Operators will be QRV before and after the contest using /VP9. GL and see
you on the bands! 73 - Dave, N3RD