Beacon (?) on 3502.5, etc.

Subject: Beacon (?) on 3502.5, etc.
From: wmhein@aol.com (wmhein@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 09:13:05 1993
I checked the "1993 Klingenfuss Guide To Utility Stations" (a fantastic
German publication) and did not see anything listed for 3.502 MHz or close.
The "repeathing Dahs" sequence sounds like one of the ex-USSR beacons (like
the widely heard beacon on 7.002 MHz).

I am preparing an article for "The Low Band Monitor" on using non-commerical
and broadcast stations in or near the 160m & 80m ham bands as propagation
indicators.  When stations like GNI in England on 3.517 MHz and CTP Lisbon
Portugal on 3.782 are booming in to Colorado prior to Euro sunrise, I'll make
another pot of coffee!

I would like to hear from any low band DXers who also use such non-commerical
and broadcast stations as low band propagation aids.

Bill AA6TT