Timewave DSP-9 modification

Subject: Timewave DSP-9 modification
From: wmhein@aol.com (wmhein@aol.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 12:19:23 1993
I recently purchased a Timewave DSP-9 audio filter.  It's an amazing little
box.  The DSP-9 CW filters have RAZOR SHARP skirts.  Signals simply vanish
the moment they are outside the passband.  Awesome.

I had one gripe with the unit.  The 600 and 750 Hz CW filter center
frequencies the device was programmed with are too high for hard-core CW
DXing.  A call to Timewave revealed an "undocumented feature" which allows
the center filter frequencies to be shifted down to 400 & 500 Hz, a big
improvement.

(1)  Remove the DSP-9's rear panel.

(2)  Locate the three miniature sets of "prongs" (don't know what else to
call them) poking out the rear of the circuit board.

(3)  The #1 prongs come from the factory shorted.  Leave them alone.

(4)  Add a computer-style shorting strap to the #2 prongs.

(5)  Your DSP-9 now has selectable 400 & 500 Hz CW center frequencies.

Bill AA6TT

From: ku4j@attmail.com (Tim  Pearson ) (Tim  Pearson )
Subject: KU4J SS SCORE

Only had opportunity to operate about 17 hours.
Class single-op high power

Q's   SEC     total
1228   77      189,112

Clean sweep! Got 3 VE8's...got last section sunday morning when KP4 called
me.

73's tim