KN8Z CQ WW story

Subject: KN8Z CQ WW story
From: 00pmbarkey@leo.bsuvc.bsu.edu (00pmbarkey@leo.bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 29 12:36:24 1993
CQ WW Story from KN8Z (WA8YVR, opr.):

         QSOs   Countries

    160   35       29
     80  264       53
     40  329       75
     20  228       47
     15  300       44
     10    8        7

  Total 1164      255  = something like 1.2 meg

Quit at 1430Z on Saturday morning, after the first bandchange to
10 meters resulted in a fried station control switch.  It turned
out that the 10 meter antennas had water in the coax, and when
I tried to transmit into them, the high SWR blew up a switch.  Took
1 hour to find the problem, another 1/2 hour to replace the switch,
then another 1/2 hour to fix the replacement switch (bad motor),
only then to realize that there was no 10 meter antenna ...

Things were going great -- never had any 80 meters like this year.
Had a super late opening after 0700 -- managed to work zones 17,
18, and 19 on answers to CQ's!  Sure was a disappointment to quit.

Really feel bad for the N2RM gang having the power outage.  At least
my own time all that was wasted this weekend -- not the time of
a whole crew.

   -- Pat
      WA8YVR