Callsigns et al

Subject: Callsigns et al
From: rkaufmn@CC.UManitoba.CA (rkaufmn@CC.UManitoba.CA)
Date: Sun Dec 19 03:18:18 1993
After seeing so much mail flash by re: the callsign situation in the US I
couldn't help but wade in. As Derrick, VE4VV ( The Other half of the VE4
"Killer Vees" ) has stated, we too in Canada could have a callsign shakeup
in the near future. I am sure all of you are aware of the many prefixes
that we have. I recently sat down and waded through all the choices:
VA,VB,VC,VD,VE,VF,VG,CF,CG,CH,CI,CJ,CK,CY,CZ,XJ,XK,XL,XM,XN and XO (whew!)
There has been much talk lately about "Xs" in the call > I don't like em
in the prefix very much, especially with the choice of second letters we
have.
 What is the general opinion regarding the call "VE4E ?
 (Derrick, I claim first dibs if everyone likes it... besides I was
licensed a year ahead you ) I recall reading somone mentioning contest
Dyslexia. The call has quite an unusual sound to it, quite distinctive (
and maybe irritating !?) Maybe I should ask WC4E.
One thing is for sure, it beats the hell out of the worst call I EVER
used VP2V/VE4GV.. Enuff "vees" for you? ur rprt 5nn pse cl agn ? Arghh!
Should have brought Derrick along that time but there wasn't room for any
more Vees in my suitcase!
I also must concur that "Germany" in the call is not spectacularly
successful. Spanish speaking stations respond much better to "Guatemala
Venezuela"
My vote for best call on CW ...UP5UP that guy is just impossible to wrk.
And Yes Virginia.. They do call it "Zed" in the US when they really
want to be heard. Ah those colonials, will they ever speak the queen's
english ?

Best wishes for a healthy happy new year for all.
AND Santa... Please bring back 10 m soon. I promise to be good.

73 Rob Kaufmann VE4GV