From K8MR to ALL

Subject: From K8MR to ALL
From: km9p@aol.com (km9p@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 20:48:31 1993
>A more interesting question to me is:  How many transmitters/signals
>can be used by a single operator assisted station?  I read the rules
>(in both ARRL and CQWW) to say the only restriction is that the one
>operator does all the work. If he can keep 6 memory keyers or DVK's
>going, go right ahead.

> Have any of the big s/o assisted people been using this
>interpertation of the rules?  If not, why not?

I have never CQed on 2 bands at once in a major DX contest.  Why?  Well I
think the bands are crowded enough any way.  I don't think it is fair to the
other guys to hog 2 frequencies with CQs.  I did, however, do it in a WPX a
few years ago after asking BJQ if it was against the rules.  He said no, I
said cool.  Since the WPX doesnt burden the bands too much anyway, I went
ahead with it.  Very fun!  Best QSO was when K1AR called me on 20 meters and
gave me the report on 15 meters.  Still not sure which band I logged him on!

As far as the rules go... If it isn't against the rules, then go ahead.  If
you don't like it, change the rules!

73

Bill, KM9P

PS...  I hope nobody takes advantage of this in ARRL DX...  It's hard enough
to find a good frequency now!