NAQP clarification

Subject: NAQP clarification
From: OFFICE31.562.GOLOMB@LAKEHURST.NAVY.MIL (OFFICE31.562.GOLOMB@LAKEHURST.NAVY.MIL)
Date: Thu Dec 30 07:23:51 1993
There are conflicts in the announcements for the NAQP.  The power
limitation in listed as 100 watts in some sources and as 150
watts elsewhere.  The power limit for the 94 NAQPs is 150 watts
PEP.  I am considering changing the limit to 100 watts for next
year because there is growing concern that people are using
amplifiers to get to 150 watts if they have a '100 watt' solid
state rig.  This was never the intent of the rules.  The NAQP is
meant to be an exciter only contest.  Please send me input on
this or any other rule changes you might want to see in the NAQP.

Please spread the word that the NAQP power limit is 150 watts,
not 100.

73,   John KZ2S

PS: You can register teams with me via internet. I would
appreciate a copy of the team registration via US mail also if
you decide to register via e-mail.