CQ WW 160 results & start time change

Subject: CQ WW 160 results & start time change
From: Marijan.Miletic@IJS.si (Marijan.Miletic@IJS.si)
Date: Mon Jan 31 11:42:19 1994
Hi Gang,

This was my first (out of 20) CQ WW 160 without any QSO with USA!
P49I made my day by finally replaying about 07Z on Sunday morning.

I moved recently and my excellent 200m LW sloped NW from 18th floor
down to 4th was replaced by 20m very low 78m long Windom.  However,
condx on Sat were poor but improved slightly on the second night.

I managed 324 QSO on S & P only, 55 DX and abt 80K points.
Leading Slovenian stations S50A (ex YU3EY), S59A (ex YU3ZV) &
S59AA (ex YU3BC from YT3L/YZ3A site) worked about 600 QSO each
and 70 mults (about 20 USA & 10 JA).

Let me propose change of start time for CQ WW 160m to 16:00 UTC
as it is already dark in EU & AS so we can have 2 full nights as USA.

I am aware that NA guys would not have much to do during daylight
but we are practically off from contest on Sun after sunrise.

Main reason for my sugestion is that plenty of EU stations actually
started working each other after 16 Z claiming that rules had changed!

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU ex S57MM, YU3EA.

P.S. I strongly support CT1BOH proposal for CQ WW scoring changes
although my approach to contesting is pure old-fashioned Olympian:
"It is important to participate".