160 Meter Contest Scores

Subject: 160 Meter Contest Scores
From: WR3O@isd2.tdec.state.tn.us (WR3O@isd2.tdec.state.tn.us)
Date: Thu Feb 3 16:48:23 1994
I know it's a little late to be posting this, but I have been very busy.

The CQ 160 CW test last weekend was my first real attempt at contesting.
I had dabbled a bit here and there, mostly looking for new countries etc,
but never really participated or tried to make a score.

Thanks to reading this reflector, and to some coaching from a local
contest type (thanks AA4NU), I got interested enough to give it a try.

I used to sit back and wonder why anyone would ever want to contest?!?
Now I find myself looking forward to doing it again!

The station:   Icom IC-761
               AL-811 amp  ( 500 watts CW )
               160 meter Inverted Vee at 85 feet w/ tuned feeders

The score:     510 QSO's,  1211 points,  70 multipliers,  Total: 84,770

I live about 20 miles west of Nashville, TN.

I learned a lot, including that fact that contesting is SERIOUS FUN.

Hope to try it again.

New internet address:   WR3O@isd2.tdec.state.tn.us

73, Kirk  WR3O