W9UP 160 score (& mine too!)

Subject: W9UP 160 score (& mine too!)
From: ka9fox@aol.com (ka9fox@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 2 17:50:12 1994
W9UP - Near La Crosse, Wisconsin

Operators:  WE9V & N0BSH

Equipment:  FT-1000, Homebrew 3-1000 1.5kw, 120ft tower as 1/4 wave vertical

Score:  1043 QSO  /  13 Countries  /  57 States/Provs (missed VE8, VY1, VY2,
VO1)
   = 163,780 final score

This beats their score from last year by about 16k.

I (KA9FOX) also got on from home, passing out about 20 QSOs.  I used a 5 band
dipole at 20ft WITHOUT a tuner, meaning INFINITY SWR.  Coaxed the 930 to put
out about 15-20 watts.  My observations:  Best receiver in the US hands down
is AB4RU, who heard everything I said first time out.  Worst:  NC0P in Iowa
(yeah, that's next to Wisconsin) I tried him at 4pm, 7pm, and 3am with not so
much as a QRZ?? out of him.  It was amazing that I was able to work anything
at all, actually.

73 Scott KA9FOX