High-band; Low-band

Subject: High-band; Low-band
From: al511@freenet.hsc.colorado.edu (Robert Neece)
Date: Thu Mar 10 12:05:51 1994

No one in his right mind would urge that the
high-band (10-15-20) and low-band
(40-80-160) categories be reinstated
AS ADDITIONS to the current single-band
scheme in ARRL DX.

So, it's either single bands, or high-band,
low-band.

One ought not to assume
blithely that the high-band, low-band
system would favor the "little guy."
It is perhaps more likely that a big-gun,
super-station guy who prefers not to put
in a full 48 hours, or who does not have
his entire setup of stacks completed or
working, will dominate high-band
or low-band in a given geography.

Bob, K0KR

From: R.SCHREIBMAIER" <bob@mtdcr.att.com (R.SCHREIBMAIER)
Subject: antenna design

> does anyone know of a design that converts a cushcraft 40-2cd to 3 elements?

While we're at it, does anyone know of a design to expand a
Cushcraft A4S to more than 3 elements per band?  We little
pistols have to start somewhere, you know.  8^{)

73,
Bob K2PH

| Bob Schreibmaier       | UUCP:      att!mtdcr!bob     | Free  |
| AT&T Bell Laboratories | INTERNET:  bob@mtdcr.att.com |  the  |
| 200 Laurel Avenue      | Telephone: 908-957-2591      | Intel |
| Middletown, NJ 07747   | FAX:       908-957-7105      |  486  |