KM9P's dilemma

Subject: KM9P's dilemma
From: kr2j@aol.com (kr2j@aol.com)
Date: Thu Mar 17 15:59:55 1994
I must apologize to KM9P and all the others who operate from a
propagationally challenged QTH.  I now realize that my insensitivity to this
unfortunate situation may have resulted in some bruised egos or hurt felings.
 I realize that through no fault of your own you have been living in or
operating from a QTH where winning a contest is not possible.  I also
apologize for thinking that I could have any perception of how awful this
must be!

I have reconsidered my position and now think that all contest rules should
be rewritten in order to make things a little more equitable for those who
have been held back due to propagation inequality.
Beginning in the CQWW this fall, I propose that any station or operator at
any station that has actually won a DX contest previously, be ineligible for
any awards in the future.  In addition, these operators should be limited to
one half (1/2) of the total permitted operating time.  A minimum of 2 hours
of off time must be taken after sunrise for these stations.  Furthermore, any
operation by any of these stations within 25 khz of the lower band edge on
Single Sideband will disqualify the station from competition.  All
multioperator stations will not be permitted to use packet.  Any attempt to
"pass" or "move" a multiplier or other station from one band to another will
be expressly prohibited.

I think my proposed ideas are a good start and this is long overdue.  These
people have suffered enough anguish and embarrasment.  It is time to make up
for the past.  I feel as though a burden has been lifted from me and I know
that I can now hold my head high when I attend the Contest Forum in Dayton.
And while we're on Dayton,  I think the choice of K1DG and WZ1R as emcees for
the contest forum is a slap in the face to KM9P and the rest of those guys.
At least K3LR was close to the midwest.  Really guys, I feel your pain.

73, Bob KR2J