ANTENNAS

Subject: ANTENNAS
From: km9p@aol.com (km9p@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 25 16:40:28 1994
OK, I guess the consensus is let the antenna questions fly!

#1)  I have 2 204BA's and 1 205BA.  I want to stack 2 of them.  I have a copy
of YO and have been playing with it, but I would like real world experience
with optimizing these antennas.  I hear the 204CA dimensions are pretty OK.
Also be interested in hearing from you if you have lengthened the booms on
these antennas.  If you have some dimensions you are proud of, how about
sending me the YO file so I can look at it?

#2)  I have been trying (hard) to optimize a dual band quad for 10/15M with
AO.  I have 486DX2-66 and it is still VERY slow to optimize with 16 segments
per half wave...  Pentium is coming!   Does anyone out there have experience
with optimized quad antennas?  For the record, it is my experience that for a
given boom length you might as well put up a yagi.  A single band quad
optimizes fairly well, but when the 2nd band is added it is all screwed up.
Even when optimizing both bands simultaneously, the antenna is very difficult
to optimize.  Oh!  Why am I even screwing with the quad?  I got 2 four
element quads on 24' booms (3") for $200.00.  Thinking about making it a long
boom job on a 48' boom, but not sure it's worth the trouble now.  Definately
won't put it up higher than 30' since I'm on a big hill.

#3)  I heard today that DX Engineering is not making antennas any more.  Is
this true?

#4)  KR0Y has been personally flamed by yours truely regarding the ARRL
boxes.  Further flamage not necessary at this juncture.  Although Dayton
might be a good place to get in a few good jabs!

73

KM9P@AOL.COM