Ham Radio Internet Compendium

Subject: Ham Radio Internet Compendium
From: jcoleman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (jcoleman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 27 13:34:33 1994
If you would like an updated (corrected and expaned) version of the Ham
Radio Internet Compendium, send me an e-mail (direct - not to the
reflector)

73 de Jim, KA6A
ARRL DXCC Field Representative
ka6a@uiuc.edu

jcoleman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Microelectronics Laboratory
University of Illinois
208 North Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 333-2555 voice
(217) 244-7645 FAX

From: Steve Lund <stevel@sr.hp.com> (Steve Lund)
Subject: QST SS writeup

> Jim AD1C suggests:
>
> ...and at the very least, highlight (boldface) *every* certificate and
> plaque winner! This would have the side benefit of identifying the section
> winners in each group.

... I'd vote to have new records highlighted in some way.  It would be nice
to have certificates indicate new records also.

Steve WA8LLY/6

From: H. Ward Silver" <hwardsil@seattleu.edu (H. Ward Silver)
Subject: SS Results

Billy and Randy -

First, very good job on the writeup and thank you for making the effort to
change the traditional format.

I like the Regional reporting, no problem scanning through the NW Div.
listings to find all the WWA scores.  To note the winners and plaque
recipients, I suggest:
- No change required for Divisional winners, they're at the top of the
list, anyway
- List all Section winners in BOLDFACE (that also marks the top of the
Section in that particular list)
- List all record scores with an asterisk to the left or right.
- If desired to also note plaque winners in the general list, use ITALICS.

Having all of the different Top Ten/Top Five boxes was fun to read and
notes more of what's actually going on out there in radio-land.

I concur with a couple of other opinions that the Regions could be split
up a little better in the West and Central areas.  Make some N/S splits.
The goal ought to be geographic areas that are roughly equivalent in size.
 No more than 8 to 10, though.

Bring back the Brooms!
73, Ward N0AX

From: mraz@maverick.aud.alcatel.com (Kris I. Mraz) (Kris I. Mraz)
Subject: SS Pins?

Has anyone received their SS pins/cups yet?

kris AA5UO

From: Jay Townsend" <jayt@comtch.iea.com (Jay Townsend)
Subject: SS Writeup

I liked the new format a great deal. The comments on bolding are good ideas.
The seperation by classes was quite nice.

A great job !

The regional winners were I thought also pretty well done. Even here in the
west where the area is so big.  It gives you something to shoot for in some
cases and demonstrates the different of 42 degrees or more north vs. parts
of the southwest.

--
Jay Townsend, Ws7i  < jayt@comtch.iea.com >