RS-12 for Field Day satellite QSO??

Subject: RS-12 for Field Day satellite QSO??
From: price@cod.nosc.mil (price@cod.nosc.mil)
Date: Tue May 10 08:39:21 1994
>We aim to go out battery powered 5 watt on Field Day. I don't know about the
>availability of a 2m/440 rig.
>
>Is there any hope of working RS-12 for the satellite bonus points?
>Anybody try it? Succeed?
>
>Tnx Bob

Bob--I've done it every year for the past 3 years on FD.  It's kind of a
zoo because there are many first time users.  I would suggest you try RS-10
with the 2 meter uplink.  A problem with using RS-12 is that many of the
people in the uplink passband on 15 meters don't know they are in the
satellite, so a lot of the "CQ Field Days" you hear on the satellite will
not be satellite QSOs--just regular old terrestrial skip.

I recall reading a few months ago that the Russians were about to launch
the next RS bird; RS-14??  Anyone know if it's up?

73--Jim, K6ZH