Cleaning out those Field Day spiders

Subject: Cleaning out those Field Day spiders
From: sherratt@VNET.IBM.COM (sherratt@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Tue May 10 13:44:52 1994
Has anyone ever heard of putting mothballs inside traps to keep those nasty
spiders out (or was a certain antenna vendor pulling my leg ?)
73, Scott N6VB    sherratt@vnet.ibm.com

From: sellington" <sellington@mail.ssec.wisc.edu (sellington)

>Has anyone ever heard of putting mothballs inside traps to keep those nasty
>spiders out

I've heard that, but I can't say where, and haven't tried it myself.  I would
try gluing a  piece of window screen over each drain hole.  Or, if it's an
antenna that's in storage between Field Days, just tape them up.  Needless to
say, storing the elements directly on the ground, under the deck, or whatever
is a good way to attract bugs.

Scott   K9MA