Remote CNTL MultiOP/SingleXmtr

Subject: Remote CNTL MultiOP/SingleXmtr
From: KA9FOX@aol.com (KA9FOX@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 11 18:54:46 1994
KP4UY writes:
  > At present the CQ WPX Contest rules say that
  > a MultiOperator Single Transmitter Contest
  > Station needs to be physically connected to
  > the antenna...

  > the implication here is that the receivers do
  > not have to be physically connected to the
  > antenna..

Really?  I have no way of knowing, but I doubt that is what CQ was implying
when the rule was written.  I'm all for stretching technology to the limits
UP TO THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES.  But a Multi/Single with operators spread out
all over the world is NOT within the spirit, in MY opinion.  I would hate to
see a 'normal' multi-single operation that kicked butt in WPX, only to get
beat by such a world-wide contraption.

I hope the CQ contest directors 'tweak' the rules as Ward N0AX stated:
  > amend the physically-located rule to state
  > "All operators and equipment must be
  > contained within a 1000-meter radius circle
  > or within the property limits."

On the flip side, what I think you are contemplating here stretches current
technology, which can only lead to good things.  I, by no means, wish to
discourage such an experiment, but I don't think it should qualify as a valid
entry.  Maybe we need ANOTHER category... Multi-operator, Multi-location,
Single-xmtr :-)

73 Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox@aol.com