Thanks for replies

Subject: Thanks for replies
From: WA6OTU@PUCK.CALTECH.EDU (WA6OTU@PUCK.CALTECH.EDU)
Date: Sat May 28 08:37:11 1994
From:   Mark Beckwith, WA6OTU - wa6otu@caltech.edu
To:     Contest Reflector

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my question about email address
location.  Here are a couple observations:  Many respondents didn't catch the
fact that I actually key in my From:, To:, and Date at the beginning of the
TEXT of my message (see above).  Lots of you argued that headers get stripped.
Well, yes, but these are not header lines.  When I first got on, I HATED the
fact that I couldn't tell who was sending me something until I got to the end
of what they had to say, if they only put their I.D. at the very end of the
message.  I think this is rude, anyway.

I want people to know this message is from ME, so they know to disregard it
from the very beginning.

The only other observation is that several respondents complained about
MS-Mail, in particular, stripping headers.  It suggests you all ought to email
Microsoft and let them know.  They fix stuff like that sometimes.

Also thanks to everyone who sent details on the Bulletproof Telephones.  That
was good.  Especially thanks to Bob, N6TV, who pointed out the obvious which
sometimes people like me overlook:

"By the way, when handling neighbors, it is much better to hand them
a telephone filter or lend them a phone for the weekend than it is
to say "see, it's not my problem, go see your dealer."  One method makes
an enemy, the other makes a friend."

I guess I tend to cut to the chase sometimes a little too soon.

Mark, WA6OTU
wa6otu@caltech.edu