Eimac antenna tuners

Subject: Eimac antenna tuners
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 15 18:03:55 1994
I was told years ago by my a noted 75m authority (on 3.895) that the FCC only
regulates the amount of power that goes to the final
AMPLIFIER stage, and that they don't care about the antenna tuners!

I believe that people use the amount of power they have on hand. In the old
days when 1 KW DC input was the limit, I (and most all of you) with garden
variety SB220 type outputs would OCCASIONALLY  run in excess of this when we
needed an extra push in a pileup, etc.
This is just worse when the amount of power is two 8877s or more
as some folks have. The "big gas" guys are just that much worse. Not that
1600 watts out is any more legal than 10kw, IMHO I feel it's not as blatant
cheating. Since power levels can now be 1500w. out, I'm comfortable with my
pair of 3-500s. It's all just a game - if you have to cheat to win, you
haven't accomplished much...

I thought it interesting that the discussion of W5WMU was done with
no input from the suspect himself. Can you do DNA testing for excessive RF
exposure? We got a huge list of all of the antennasand stuff- that's very
impressive. The question was about the amps and antenna tuners. I guess with
all of that aluminum in the air, the 100 or so watts from the exciter is all
he needs...