HF-1000

Subject: HF-1000
From: ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM (ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 20 12:44:43 1994
Here's a QST.  A few months ago, someone asked about the new
Watkins-Johnson HF-1000 Communications Receiver.  I just happened to
pick up the June issue of "shortwave magazine" (a UK Publication) and
was going to read it at lunch. The key feature of the receiver is that
it uses DSP in the IF at a 100kHz sampling rate converting it to 16 bits
of the 32 bit word used by the processor. The sensitivity claimed for
CW is 0.35 micro-volts and for SSB is 0.56 micro-volts.  The MTBF is
claimed to be in excess of 10,000 hours.  My math may be off but I think
that works out to about a dollar an hour figured on the list price given.

73, alan N2ALE/6