Equilibrium

Subject: Equilibrium
From: RKILE@delphi.com (RKILE@delphi.com)
Date: Thu Jul 28 03:08:04 1994
                    The Balance of tender Egos

    Perhaps the geographically disadvantaged areas (West, and MidWest) feel
that the hardwood (plaque and trophy) count or lack there of needs to be
expanded upon. I'll be the first one to say that huge expenditures and
efforts will yield modest recognition to those out west who have to as a
matter of course stay up all night to pick up a few mults on 160. While the
hardwood winners are bagging Z's (rate falls to nothing until eastcoast
sunrise) we pound away calling CQ infinitum trying to make up for that 2
hour EU run they had before it was even dark in the west. Scores some
100-200k below front runners are common for well equipped and sincere efforts
by good operators.
    In an effort to maintain the rules as is, to maintain records as is I
offer the following: (Attention CQ and ARRL AWARDS Committees)

    I will sponsor awards (hardwood) for:
        1) CQWW CW HIGH 160 CW ZONE 3 SINGLE OP
        2) CQWW160CW HIGH 160 CW ZONE 3 SINGLE OP
        3) ARRL 160 HIGH SCORE SINGLE OP PACIFIC TIME ZONE

    You may contact me via E-mail or by daytime phone 1-702-647-3114 .

73 Bob Kile, KG7D
via internet"rkile@delphi.com"