Enough Already!!

Subject: Enough Already!!
From: rrrocker@rock.b11.ingr.com (Ray Rocker)
Date: Fri Jul 29 10:22:37 1994
>  True Ken, but does the word "overkill" mean anything here? After 50
> toilet jokes and 150 soup/gas/nitro posts, things become ridiculous.
> Geez, we beat subjects to death, then into the next lifetime, and the
> next...etc. Way too much to wade through at times.

Well, that kind of thing goes on in just about every unmoderated mailing list,
Usenet group, and bbs forum in existence. Just a sign of an interested,
enthusiastic readership.

Besides, if no one spoke up all we'd get are those "UNSUBSCRIBE" messages and
the "I can't figure out how to UNSUBSCRIBE hep me!" and those are a lot more
boring than {gas | soup | grid squares | coax marking} threads IMHO. :-)

ObContesting: I'd vote against changing any current contests to use grid
squares. The inevitable invalidation of current score records is reason
enough, but imagine trying a wrangle a grid square out of each non-contester
that stops by. You'd have to be quick with a map or get slowed down.

-- ray WQ5L rrrocker@ingr.com // my grid is on my QSL but I don't know it