Remote coax switch help

Subject: Remote coax switch help
From: WEBSTER_KER@CSUSYS.CTSTATEU.EDU (WEBSTER_KER@CSUSYS.CTSTATEU.EDU)
Date: Fri Jul 29 16:51:06 1994
Well, I've finally out-grown the remote coax switch on the tower and am about
ready to put another one out there. The "transmitter relief fund" really can't
support a commercial box, so I was thinking of building one (can't be too
tough... a couple of relays and a controler, right?). I have the schematic for
one of the commercial versions, so I'll have a guide to go by.

The help I need.... Have any of you built a remote coax switch for use on HF?
Are there any considerations I should think about? Will regular relays work?
Any suggestions on relays?

Thanks for the input. I would rather learn from other people's experience than
re-invent the wheel!

'73... Kevin N1EPU
WEBSTER_KER@CCSU.CTSTATEU.EDU