WAE history

Subject: WAE history
From: Marijan.Miletic@IJS.si (Marijan.Miletic@IJS.si)
Date: Tue Aug 16 12:03:11 1994
Hi Contesters,

Appart from recent change to 48 hours in the worst possible time because of
the minimum of sun activity, WAE had few other unfortunate oversights!

Once upon a time USA states counted as mults (many W's are still giving
their state as the part of report) and all you have to do was beaming NW!

They had high/low band categories and only tribander hams showed in high
class while low band activity was minimal!

However, I strongly support 4/3/2 mults structure as it is the only way
to get people bellow 14 MHz!  I guess it has NOTHING TO DO with USA
obsession with right & left coast!  WPX does the same.

After reading all the email about packet again, I still advocate free use
of it as the means of technical support for single operator!

73 de Mario, S56A, S57MM, N1YU, ex YU3EA, YU1PCF.

email: Marijan.Miletic@IJS.SI