NAQP

Subject: NAQP
From: rthorne@VNET.IBM.COM (rthorne@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Mon Aug 22 08:56:03 1994
20 meters was very good to me.  I ended up with:

601 Q's by 148 mults for 88,948.

Add this score to the Sultans of Schwing team #2.

73,

Rich - WB5M - RTHORNE@VNET.IBM.COM

From: Kurszewski Chad" <kurszewski_chad@macmail1.csg.mot.com (Kurszewski Chad)
Subject: WE9V NAQP Score

NAQP SSB 1994           WE9V Chad WI

WE9V operator/call used      Single Op/Two Radio
KS9K station used
Sultans of Shwing Team 1

160      26     16     New antenna, wow did it work great!
 80     143     40     Bigger line here than expected, 2 el @ 168'
 40     171     47     3/3 on the ground, used dipole @ 70'
 20     568     54     THE money band!!!
 15       33     18     As a result of passing + S&Ping
 10       14     11     Ditto
______________________________
          955 x 186    177,630

Wow, was this fun.  Didn't use the second radio much till later.  Too hard with
the higher rate in the beginning.  I held my 20M freq for SIX hours (14.250,
the suggested frequency).  The first four hours rate:
145   101   101   110
I should have done like others and been on 10M, but it's hard to leave a band
you're smokin' on.

I wish I had a quarter for every time someone said, "You're the loudest signal
on the band!" (20M)  For the curious, it's 5/5/5 el monobanders,  53' booms at
56'/112'/168'.  Never thought that these low angle antennas would work at all
for stateside (no upper/lower switches).

Got the 170' crane stuck in the (KS9K's) yard Sunday morning, otherwise the 3/3
stack on 40 would be back up by now.

Hat's off to my fellow Sultan of Shwing'ers.  The Midwest really put on a show.
 Thanks to all for the Q's.

Chad  WE9V
Member:  Sultans of Shwing
Loud is Cool.....yeah, heh, heh, heh, LOUD IS COOL!