Marital Bliss and Contesting

Subject: Marital Bliss and Contesting
From: N0bsh@aol.com (N0bsh@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 4 15:16:14 1994
Here's an idea:

How about inviting a newcomer (to ham radio, to contesting) over to take the
reigns of your station for a few contests.  Show 'em the ropes!!  Many new
ops - both young and old - don't have the resources to put together a
"serious" station.  They'd love the chance to play with "real stuff."

The Positives:

     1)  You get to spend more time with your spouse.
     2)  Newguy has fun using a good station.
     3)  Your investment does not sit idle.
     4)  Your call still goes out over the air and shows up in the
           results.
     5)  Another new contester is born.

The Negatives:

     1)  Newguy may get good enough, build his own station, and
          start beating you in all the contests!!!  :-)  :-)  :-)

73  Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh@aol.com