AB6FO CW Sprint Score

Subject: AB6FO CW Sprint Score
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Sun Sep 11 03:06:51 1994
AB6FO Ken CA

245 X 40 = 9,800

First time out with high power. Just got an Alpha 87A. Having power sure does
make the Sprint more fun. Except for a few times on 80, they ALWAYS came back
to ME! The only problem I ran into was when the keying line started to freeze
using the 80 dipole. The 80 sloper doesn't work as well.

I actually was able to bounce between VFO A & VFO B and get two Qs per bounce
for a few consecutive bounces, just like you are supposed to do in the sprint.
I didn't make my 250 Qs or 10,000 points, but came close.

By the way, why are there multipliers in the Sprint. I should be a straight
QSO count contest. Multipliers are purely serendipidous, you can't chase them
or anything in the Sprint.

Now that I hit 200 Qs, I believe I am eligible to try using 2 radios in the
next Sprint. I don't know how I'll be able to hear anything on radio B with
the amp running though.

73, Ken, AB6FO KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM