the /125 thing

Subject: the /125 thing
From: kd5pj@lobby.ti.com (kd5pj@lobby.ti.com)
Date: Mon Sep 12 10:32:34 1994
Derek, AA5BT, writes:

> I thought the best ops were, on average, the DX Field Reps - they
> have all worked 300+ countries and know something about pile-ups
> and weak signals, although some of them were obviously unused to
> being on the hot end of a pile-up.

Another group that handled things well were the NTS'ers.  It would be
nice to hear some of these callsigns some Sunday afternoon during cw ss!

73,
Charlie  KD5PJ          kd5pj@lobby.ti.com

From: jholly@hposl42.cup.hp.com (Jim Hollenback) (Jim Hollenback)

On Sep 11, 10:09pm, Robert Wood wrote:
> Subject: Re: the /125 thing
> One of the better ones I heard during the /125 thing was
> a 9 who was a asst director on 20mtrs, taking a list by
> the last two please.
> speaking of GAS (agn.)  I was reading though NCJ last night
> July/August 1990 and noticed a "for sale" home and one of the
> features was 3-PHASE POWER.  Maybe 3-phase power isn't as uncommon
> as I thought.  (pg.23)  Now why would a 2200 sq.ft. home need 3-phase?

for the wood shop tools, of course :-)

Jim, WA6SDM
jholly@cup.hp.com

From: George Cutsogeorge <0006354141@mcimail.com> (George Cutsogeorge)
Subject: QRM Eliminator

For anyone who is interested, I received the following response
about the QRM Eliminator.  When I learn more, I will post the
info.

George, W2VJN.  mbx gcutso@mcimail.com

> Can anyone tell me where to get some information on the S.E.M.
> QRM Eliminator-MarkII that was reviewed in the PVRC Newsletter
> by Fred, K3ZO?  It apparently uses an auxillary noise antenna and
> can phase out locally generated noise at the rcvr input.

It is sold by   SEM
                8 Fort William
                Head Road
                Douglas
                Isle of Man
                U.K.

Phone: +44 624 662131   (dial 011 first from North America)

The current price is 98.50  (that's UK pounds if your characters vary).

Peter

--                                            peterj@netcom.com
  FTP:   ftp.netcom.com:/pub/VE3SUN
         MagicKey Help TSR - Beam - DTMF - Ham utilities - Stereograms
  WWW:   ftp://ftp.netcom.com:/pub/VE3SUN/www/home.html
         Ham FTP sites - mailing lists - stereograms - 500+ hot URLs