NV6O cw sprint

Subject: NV6O cw sprint
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 12 10:43:31 1994
I'm afraid my XQ is very low this time.  My family let me quit yard work
at 2100Z so I could put a new run of coax to the 75M vee and then make
new cw pigtails.

My 11 year old daughter cooked dinner - chopped hotdogs in canned chile
with grated cheddar cheese.  Nummmmm.

The Toshiba and Titan were placed on the operating table and hooked into
the 765 with an hour to go before start.  I eyeballed the 204BAS to make
sure that it was pointed at New Jersey, not Panama.  I turned on the
lights in the shack so I wouldn't have to get up later.

In fact, my wife was so helpful that she removed some household
paperwork from underneath the laptop's power cable at about 0030Z.  Yep,
there went the ac.  Oh well, just reload - 2 minutes.

Three hours of vfoA/B and CQ and tune later, I attempted to change cw
sending speed while simultaneously changing the partial check window.  I
think the keystrokes were:  ALT-f10-f8.  Not positive.  Got dumped to
c:>.  Did not reboot since this was at 0352Z.

How do I remember 0352Z?  Simple, NA would not use any other timestamp.
Also, cw memories in f1 to f7 started sending in cyrillic.

Reboot at 0358 helped the program, didn't help the score.

209 X 34.  Getting there.

OK, time for the N4BO signal survey.  Was I:
        1       So far down in the mud that you tuned by me (puny)
        2       Detectable only when the freq was clear for 5 khz
                (wimpy)
        3       Just another sprint station but sounding confused
                (dopey)
        4       Loud but not answering calls ( deaf)
        5       Loud but out of sync ( clueless (#))

Great fun.  CU on SSB.

Eric, NV6O
edwoods@pacbell.com