Novice/Tech Shootout in CQP

Subject: Novice/Tech Shootout in CQP
From: zf8bs@twg.com (zf8bs@twg.com)
Date: Tue Sep 20 13:14:15 1994
One of the Northern California Contest Club's newest members, Jenny,
KD6KKP, is going to make a serious run for the Novice/Technician trophy
during the California QSO Party next weekend.  In so doing, Jenny
(age 9; look for her picture on page 117 of the June QST) will be
challenging perennial winner Louise, KA6ING as well as veteran contester
Robert, N7STU.  This promises to be spirited competition!  Jenny will
be handing out Stanislaus County as a multiplier (which is relatively
rare).  Please don't forget the novice bands during CQP--go take a look
up there an see if you can find one of our novice/technician entrants.
You'll be giving help and encouragement to the next generation of CW
ops, and we need every one of 'em.  Personally, I plan on doing a quick
scan each time I do a band change.  The suggested novice/tech frequencies
are 3.685, 7.110, 21.110, and 28.450 (the last one probably a moot point!).
Complete rules are in September QST and October CQ.
                                           Bruce Sawyer, AA6KX