PACKET RACKET

Subject: PACKET RACKET
From: bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com (bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 12:03:05 1994
The advent of packet spotting in contesting is nothing more than a
technological improvement. Decades ago, many hams resisted the change
from am to ssb but I don't recall any special categories in phone
contests to differentiate between the two modes. Competitors compete.
As technology improves the top competitors try to follow the leading
edge to stay on top. There is nothing that says you cannot continue
to use am in a phone contest even today, but who would? If the technology
is there, use it! If there isn't an active packet cluster in your area
create one! Or move to where there is one. Life presents many choices and
we have to live by the ones we make. Whether to use two radios, an Alpha 87A,
or packet is up to YOU. If the choices YOU make, make you less competitive,
Cie le Vie...

(Flame filter --> ON) ;->

73 de Bill, N6CQ/3   (n6cq@paonline.com)