CQP Counties statistics (100 lines or so)

Subject: CQP Counties statistics (100 lines or so)
From: tucker@eedsp.gatech.EDU (Jeff Tucker N9HZQ)
Date: Mon Oct 3 16:55:48 1994
I'm new to the CA QSO party, but TR-Log let me generate some numbers
that I thought you folks might find interesting.  Note that the numbers
below are number of times I worked each county, not the number of
different callsigns I worked in the county.  The last few lines are
county lines, which are exceptions.

Some random notes:
Trinity: Only found Trinity once, AA6DX, and then never heard him again.
         0125Z on 40 CW.
Colusa:  Again, only once.  I was called by WY7M/6 at 2047 saturday, who
         gave me number 2.
San Benito: Between 1400 and 1515 Sunday, I was called by two different
         San Benito stations on 20 SSB.  The only two I ever heard.  They
         gave me numbers 2 and 6.
Imperial: My last county, but I ended up working two.  It appears that
         AA6AN and K6LL both drove over to pass out some Imperials on
         Sunday.
Sierra:  Only heard this one once, N6JM on 40 CW saturday night.
Alpine:  Only one station worked from here, AA6KX on the county line.
Yuba:    Only one station worked from here.
Modoc:   Only one station from here, too.  Near the end of the contest,
         N6OM had almost 250 contacts from Modoc.

My personal favorite was K6MO/MM handing out the county point of
Contra Costa, Marin, Solano, and Sonamo on 15 CW.  I admit I had to
listen to that one twice.  If you got on and just worked him, you
could have a 4:1 mults to QSO's ratio and end up with 12 points.

Second favorite: getting called by TZ6MOA.  I also heard A22MN with
a strong signal calling a CA station (CW).  The CA op got pretty
confused.  He wouldn't give his county at first, until A22MN asked
for it.  Then, A22MN gave him number 100 Botswana, so I guess he was
playing around in it.  (Heard a couple HH stations, too.  What do you
say to a person whose country you just about invaded?)

Here are the numbers.  I'm sure there were lots of guys I missed, but
I think it should be representative of the activity from CA.  It was
possible to work all of them, but it took luck and a lot of CQ's to do
it.

   1.       LOSANG   85
   2.       SCLARA   69
   3.       ORANGE   42
   4.       SANDGO   41
   5.       ALAMED   33
   6.       CCOSTA   24
   7.       SONOMA   24
   8.       RVRSDE   24
   9.        BUTTE   19
  10.       SOLANO   19
  11.         KERN   18
  12.         VENT   17
  13.       FRESNO   16
  14.        SCRUZ   15
  15.       SHASTA   15
  16.       PLACER   14
  17.       ELDORO   11
  18.        SACTO   11
  19.       SMATEO   11
  20.       NEVADA   11
  21.       SBRNDO    9
  22.       TEHAMA    9
  23.         MONO    9
  24.       MNTRAY    9
  25.       SISKYU    8
  26.       SBARBA    8
  27.       MNDCNO    8
  28.       CLAVRS    7
  29.       SLUISO    7
  30.       MERCED    7
  31.         NAPA    6
  32.       AMADOR    6
  33.        MARIN    6
  34.       HUMBLT    5
  35.       PLUMAS    5
  36.       LASSEN    5
  37.       SANJOQ    5
  38.        KINGS    5
  39.       DNORTE    4
  40.        SFRAN    4
  41.       TULARE    4
  42.        GLENN    4
  43.       SUTTER    4
  44.       MRAPSA    3
  45.       TUOLMN    3
  46.         INYO    3
  47.       STANIS    3
  48.         YOLO    3
  49.         LAKE    2
  50.       MADERA    2
  51.         YUBA    2
  52.       SBENTO    2
  53.     ALP/MONO    2
  54.        MODOC    2
  55.       IMPRIL    2
  56.       COLUSA    1
  57.       TRINTY    1
  58.       SIERRA    1
  59.       SANMAT    1  (note, SMATEO appears above, too)
  60.     NAPA/SOL    1
  61. CC/MARIN/SOL    1

--
Jeff Tucker       N9HZQ