Captive Rovers

Subject: Captive Rovers
From: N0bsh@aol.com (N0bsh@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 6 17:33:53 1994
I don't have a big problem with "captive" or "affiliated" rovers
per se.  If I happen to be operating near a 4 grid intersection and
my friend Joe Tech decides to throw his 144, 220, and 440
handhelds in the car and throw on three 1/4 wave magmounts and
drive out to the intesection I can work him 12 times!  But it is
unlikely that he will be able to work anyone else so he could be
considered "captive" (though I would encourage him to work others
if he could.)  And I would encourage him to send in his log of these
Qs or at least give me a copy to submit with my log.

What puzzles me is why, so often, you never see a log or checklog
submitted for/by the "captive" rovers.  So what if your line score
reads something like 42 Qs x 42 Gs (that's 7 bands, one Q on each,
from 6 grids.)  Why the reluctance to send in the logs??
---

BTW, CT v8.52 (and up I believe) allows you to flag the mode in
VHF 'tests (C, S, or F.)  I think someone inquired about that.

Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh@aol.com