Life's too short.

Subject: Life's too short.
From: tigger@prairienet.org (Sean E. Kutzko)
Date: Thu Nov 3 20:27:49 1994

Okay, I'll admit it. I was going to post the "Hey, look for me" message on
here, but decided not to.

Until I saw the blasting QRP operations got.

I WILL be in SS this year... 100w for CW, QRP for SSB.

Why go QRP? I like to CHALLENGE myself, see what I can work with a measley
5 watts now and then. I'm hardly a QRP purist (this is about the only time
I work QRP), but it takes a HELL of a lot more finesse and skill to get all
the sections that way. A not-overly-bright chimpanzee can work all the sections
AND get 1200-plus QSO's with monobanders and a KW.

I would be surprised if you DIDN'T get that performance out of a station like
that, even with a half-assed effort AND a TV in the shack.

Hey...you don't like weak stations taking up your time? Then tell them to
**** off, 'cause you're SERIOUS about contesting, right?

Pheeeeeeeeeew.

Nobody is twisting your arm to hang in there with the guy if he's too weak.
If ya can't hear him, and you hang in there for five minutes to get the call,
that's YOUR problem. Don't get pissed at the other guy 'cause you didn't use
your time efficiently.

If your biggest worry is whether or not your Last 100 QSO's rate drops below
200, get a life.

73, and everybody have FUN, no matter what power you're running.
Sean Kutzko
KF9PL (6Y7M)
Urbana, IL

--