160 Test Soap Box

Subject: 160 Test Soap Box
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (n0dh@comtch.iea.com)
Date: Mon Dec 5 17:36:00 1994
Well gang;

This was my first 160 test in years and I have the following suggestions

1) A "mandatory" DX window 5 khz for listening and 5 khz for calling a DX

station who is calling CQ. Any one abusing this window and using it to call CQ

would be DISQUALIFIED. period. You could call CQ outside this window and

listen in it.

2) Designated referee's just like in other spoerts. These would be empowered

with assesing penalties and or disqualifications. Among other things they

would looking for "unsportsman" like conduct such as "pushing" people off a

frequency just because you wanted to use it. There is a station in Iowa this

year who was particularly blatant about this and several of us are thinking

about lodging a formal protest/ complaint with the ARRL anyway. A QSY rule

simuliar to the sprints might solve this problem say after every 10 QSO's.

3)Who ever used to call 160 the gentlemans band would roll over in his grave

after this weekend.

4)MAybe a handicap multiplier for those on small lots! They get a mult and

maybe you get extra points for working them.

5) Extra points for any qso made between 1:00am and 5:00am local time. This

would help participation in wee hours. Some intresting strategies in the

making on this one.

Just some thoughts and observations

CU In the next test
Dave
N0DH/7

"The bad news...life is hard
 The good news...life is short
        The moral... Contest often, chase DX, Eat desert first".