Guest Op

Subject: Guest Op
From: JSTEINMAN@aol.com (JSTEINMAN@aol.com)
Date: Wed Dec 7 18:49:56 1994
Thanks to everyone for offers/suggestions.
Have it all figured out for now.
Not hard to find a better QTH than W5 for a DX test
at this point in the cycle.

73
Jeff KR0Y
jsteinman@aol.com

From: ni6t@ix.netcom.com (Garry Shapiro) (Garry Shapiro)
Subject: NI6T ARRL 160m Contest

NI6T results:
565 QSO's, 1190 QSO pts, 71 sections, 4 countries, 89,250 pts

Having labored for most of both nights, I thought I had done at least
respectably well--until I saw the East Coast results.

I found some guy in North Carolina or someplace who had about my score:
he was on for like 5 hours.

I worked PY0FF for my first QSO. After that--other than for the KL7's,
KH6's and JA's that Californians are expected to work--there was no DX.
WP4IIW was water-weak here and I heard nothing else from the Caribbean,
Central or South America.

Of course, how the hell COULD I hear them, unless they had found some
niche free of our stateside brothers camped out in the window for the
entire contest?

Guys in the Bay Area and the east coast told me I was loud. But my rates
went up and down like a hooker's shorts, reflecting long periods where
there was NOTHING not previously worked.

>1000 QSO's? >40 countries? Sustained rates over 100? Was I in the same
contest? Please, west coast little pistols: post your scores: I need
something real to calibrate by!

From: Lyndon Nerenberg   VE7TCP <lyndon@canada.unbc.edu> (Lyndon Nerenberg
VE7TCP)
Subject: reply to N3RD

> Dearodearodear.... At ZM2K, the only running water is from a plastic
> container, or you can stick your head in the trough outside if you are
> game enough.

Hrumph. Luxury! This time of year at VE7ZZZ we have to chip through the
ice in the rain barrel to get at the wet stuff. By mid-January even that
doesn't work as the whole lot is frozen solid.

Actually, I jest. Some wimp installed running water earlier in the
fall :-(

--lyndon

From: mtrowbri@pen.k12.va.us (Michael Trowbridge) (Michael Trowbridge)
Subject: 160 qrp scores

Greeting from Va

here are two qrp scores for the arrl 160 contest

wa4pgm   qrp    532   62     3     69,745    15.4 hours

ka4rru   qrp    374   48           36,048     19 hours

how about it lets hear those qrp score .... send them to Chad (
the nice guy doing the 160 scores

73 de mike