Results: CQ WW CW Team Entries

Subject: Results: CQ WW CW Team Entries
From: aa2du@netcom.com (aa2du@netcom.com)
Date: Fri Dec 9 10:28:41 1994
>Preliminar results for the ZD/Internet teams in the 1994 CQ
>Worldwide CW Contest.

Stuff deleted

>Team from Cyberspace -- A virtual team         26.8M  !!!
>--------------------
>HC8N (op. WN4KKN)              10.5M
>VS6WO (op. WX3N)                6.2M
>N4RJ (op. KM9P)                         3.4M
>K5ZD                            4.0M
>N6BV                            2.8M

I guess that you would have to disqualify 40% of this team because they operated
from islands...it doesn't seem fair to the rest of us, does it???

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU
ARRL Hudson Division C.A.C. Representative
E-mail:  aa2du@netcom.com
             aa2du@aa2du.slip.netcom.com
             kleinhaj@iia.org
Compu$erve:  74660,2606

TVI???  What TVI???

From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl) (Jim Stahl)
Subject: VHF FM Contest Times & Freqs

  K2MM/KI3V report that 146.58 is coordinated for PacketCluster use in
  the SF Bay area/northern Nevada.

An announcement of suggested FM times/freqs should include something
along the lines of "if these frequencies are not recognized voice simplex
frequencies in your area, try the next lower coordinated voice
frequency".  This would also address areas with 20 KHz spacings where (I
assume) the standard frequencies would be 146.42 or .44.

Or we could just keep 146.58 as a suggested frequency, and put the word
out in the SSTV community.  They could have a ball operating a contest
that would piss off the folks that think they own that frequency.  As for
the contesters, could they find an OO in their ranks to send out notices
to the SSTV turned contest fiend crowd?

Jim   K8MR

----------------------------
Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 216/237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 14.4k-300 baud

From: ys@isr.harvard.edu (Yuzuru Suzuki) (Yuzuru Suzuki)
Subject: Help! QSL Information

Hi,

I need to find out mailing address or QSL manager for the following
stations.  After the CQ-WW CW contest, I checked latest 1995 Callbook,
DX Bulletin, DX Magazine, QRZ DX, DX Newsletter, QSL Info-Server on
INTERNET, and Packet Cluster, but could not find any information
about the following stations.  If anyone can help me out, I will be
really grateful.

CR3P
CS3T
UR5QSK
UX5NQ
YT7AR
Z30A

For the following two stations, I found their QSL Managers, but
could not find the mailing addresses of these QSL Managers:

OM3A via OM3KAG
OM8A via OM3RM

Thank you very much!!!

73, Yuzuru Suzuki, AA1JA
(e-mail address: ys@isr.harvard.edu)

From: Hodge Thorgerson David Cameron-INBA <hodge@redvax1.dgsca.unam.mx> (Hodge
Thorgerson David Cameron-INBA)
Subject: oo cards

Rich, I never got an OO report as a novice, but my 7179 XTAL got me some
mail from the FCC in Washington state!  I didn't go near 40mtrs for some
time after that,HI!  1970, I believe, A Globe Chief Deluxe and a
Hallicrafters SX-101A, with a dipole over the house.  73,  David  'RX

ps I was on from home in Pasadena as WN6KJI

From: barry@w2up.wells.com (Barry Kutner) (Barry Kutner)
Subject: What's a valid QSO?

Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL writes:

> What does one do in the case where the station being worked
> says: "Sri QSO B4, so long..." I know for a fact that I never
> worked him/her? This usually happens to me with mults which I
> tend to recognize over "just another Q"?  It happens to me
> more often than most because my buddy Wayne King, N2WK, is
> an active contester.  I beg for them to dupe me and hope the
> QSO isn't disqualified by the contest police.  I'm not clear
> of what I should do in this instance? I'll ask what time I
> worked them, but that is often ignored and the station begins
> calling CQ or QRZ. So, what are my options: 1) log the station
> at that time; 2) not log the staiton and feel real bad because
> it was SU2MT.  What do the rules say, and what does the contest
> committee do in this instance?
>
>                         73 de Walt - K2WK

Of course I've had this happen to me. I find it most commonly occuring on
40 SSB where multiple DX stations may be using the same listening freq
without knowing it.
I remember specifically this happening with GW8GT on 40 SSB, telling me I
was a dupe. I told him I3xxx was using the same listening freq and that's
who I worked. Then he worked me "again."
If someone tells me I'm a dupe, but he's not in my log, I explain that to
him. Most of the time, he'll then work me. But there are the occasional
pig-headed types who won't (or maybe don't understand enough English). It
that case, they're just being stupid - cuz if he ain't in my log, I ain't
in his! Just hope it's not a new mult...

--

Barry N. Kutner, W2UP       Usenet/Internet: barry@w2up.wells.com
Newtown, PA                 Packet Radio: W2UP @ WB3JOE.#EPA.PA.USA.NA

From: ys@isr.harvard.edu (Yuzuru Suzuki) (Yuzuru Suzuki)
Subject: My appolgy for asking for QSL information here

Sorry for my previous posting about QSL information to this group.
Many of you reminded me that this is not a right place to ask such
a question.  I apologize for my not being careful.

From: mwollnnn@reach.com (Marty Woll -- BA - Honolulu ) (Marty Woll -- BA -
Honolulu )
Subject: Re  FM in VHF'Tests

Good for Jim Stahl to recognize the positive aspect of FM use in
VHF/UHF contests! As for those who "abhor" FM simplex (not ALL
weak-signal fans, by the way), well...just don't use it.

Aloha ... Marty N6VI/KH6   <mwollnnn@reach.com>

From: Steve Merchant <merchant@crl.com> (Steve Merchant)
Subject: Travel-worthy TNC?

I need a sturdy, small, lightweight TNC I can take along with an HT and
laptop so I can log into PacketCluster<tm>s when I'm on the road.  If you
have good/bad personal experiences with any of them, please e-mail direct
-- I'll summarize.  Thanks very much.

73, Steve  N4TQO
merchant@crl.com